Strategic Communication Planning PG (9115.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Yoonmo SANG (Ph: +61 2 62012945 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (191064) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191065) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (178461) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178462) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164871) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164872) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (161832) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161833) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (139291) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with all aspects of strategic communication planning and implementation. It will emphasise the role and importance of high-level communication counselling, whether 'in-house' or as a consultant, on managing mid-to-long term issues. The unit draws on strategic business planning literature to illustrate links for communication strategy. It will build on the earlier units to enable students to appreciate the contexts for communication strategies and provide the skills for preparing plans to deal with emerging issues, or for a specific purpose. It will take a problem-based learning approach and cover the roles of the communication disciplines in implementing high level strategy.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have developed a sound knowledge of contemporary strategic communication concepts and practices, enabling them to demonstrate:
1. A high-level ability to critically analyse organisational communication contexts and needs;
2. High-level research skills that enable an understanding of the role of communication strategy in mid-to-long term business plans;
3. High-level communication, technical and research skills to plan, execute, and evaluate strategic communication plans that addresses current and emerging organisational issues and meet business goals; and
4. The high-level analytical, cognitive and communication skills required to counsel senior management on strategic communication responses to current and emerging issues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week.
Principles of communication research and an understanding of professional communication practice.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8625 Strategic Communication Planning PG.