Marketing Communication Principles G (9109.4)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Amy JOHNSON (Ph: +61 2 62012749 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Amy JOHNSON (Ph: +61 2 62012749 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (191051) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191050) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (176371) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183366) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (165241) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (154601) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (145750) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Marketing communication in the 21st century is both a dynamic profession and a strategic management function in all three sectors, private, public and not -for-profit. In order to understand the role and purpose of marketing communication, students are introduced to the integrated models of direct marketing, advertising, public relations, sales promotion personal selling.
These functions are considered within the broader context of markets, audiences, publics, and cultures, as well as theories of communication and persuasion. To facilitate learning, discussion of theory is fully supported by marketing communication examples.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define marketing communication and outline its principles;
2. Describe the key principles underpinning marketing communication;
3. Identify the key marketing communication components and how these integrate for effective communication;
4. Apply the principles and practices of marketing communication to professional practice; and
5. Articulate the basic context within which marketing communication is located, including markets, audiences, publics, and cultures; industry sectors; as well as theories of communication and persuasion.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7730 Marketing Communication Foundations G
7730 Marketing Communication Foundations G