Educational Leadership and Change PG (9086.3)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Bernard BROWN (Ph: +61 2 62015910 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Bernard BROWN (Ph: +61 2 62015910 ) INTENSIVE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186958) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (192379) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182594) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166337) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151811) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140583) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to enable students to critically analyse the different theoretical and practical aspects of educational leadership and organizational changes within a constantly shifting reform environment. The unit explores and analyses a range of theories and emerging approaches and understandings of leadership, including distributed leadership, strategic leadership, ethical leadership, leadership for learning, and comparative, inter-cultural understandings of leadership. This unit provides an opportunity for students to reflect upon what constitutes effective leadership in educational settings and to construct their own 'theories' of effective leadership. Students will develop conceptual and practical skills for the effective management of change in schools and other educational institutions.
In the delivery of this unit opportunities will include on-campus and off-campus options.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an increased understanding of theories in leadership and organisational change;
2. Demonstrate an increased capability to observe, reflect and understand the nature of effective educational leadership;
3. Demonstrated an understanding of the role of the leaders in bringing about educational changes; and
4. Apply theoretical and craft knowledge to develop approaches to lead and manage educational changes in their own schools or other educational institutions.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- On-Campus Attendance is expected in Set Time Blocks (INTENSIVE)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
2 hours week (average) or equivalent.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to studnets who have passed 7696 Leadership in Learning Organisations PG