Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG (9071.3)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Craig GREBER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196504) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188529) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180324) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164304) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150857) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149630) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will critically engage with the common tools occupational therapists use when working with individuals. These include basic assessments and interventions related to self-care, productivity and leisure. Important generic skills in communication, infection control and manual handling will also be practiced. Through a case based format, students will learn how impairments in body structure and function influence occupational performance and participation. Students will have an opportunity to adopt an occupational perspective to the management of these impairments.
This unit complements Unit 8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy by providing foundational knowledge relevant to the prescription and implementation of occupational therapy services.
This unit will be co-taught with Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1, 10301.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand and justify the role of the occupational therapist in the assessment and provision of occupational therapy services for people with impairments;
2. Apply the knowledge of the physiological mechanisms underpinning impairments of some neurological conditions in an occupation focused way;
3. Exercise competent clinical reasoning in the provision of occupational therapy services to people with impairments; and
4. Demonstrate essential practice education skills (e.g. observation, measurement, communication, documentation, manual handling and infection control).
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2020
3 hours per week. Blend of lecture and tutorial work.
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy.
10301 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1.
8748 Sensorimotor Assessment and Intervention PG