Occupation in Context PG (9070.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188523) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (182962) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164303) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150856) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149629) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit combines lectures, case based tutorials and work integrated learning. Students analyse how various contexts (e.g. geo-physical, socio-cultural, political, economic, virtual) impact individual and collective occupations at local, national and international levels. Students formulate proposals underpinned by principles of occupational justice to modify contexts to enable individuals, communities and or populations to meet their occupational needs for health and wellbeing.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate their integrated understanding of the contextual influences upon human occupation;
2. Critically evaluate the impact of various contexts on occupations of individuals, communities and or populations; and
3. Justify to specialised and non-specialised audiences their rationale for an occupation-focused proposal that involves modification of contexts by drawing on relevant theory, research and literature.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours per week - a blend of lecture and tutorial work.
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG AND
8937 Humans as Occupational Beings 1 AND
9069 Humans as Occupational Beings 2 AND
9072 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 2
8532 Clinical and Exercise Biomechanics PG