Humans as Occupational Beings 2 PG (9069.4)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200675) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193492) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188629) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176168) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164580) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154436) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (136686) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit combines lectures, case based tutorials and work integrated learning. This unit is a co-requisite with 8937 giving students an advanced understanding of humans as occupational beings across the life span. Students develop an integrated understanding of work, the primary occupation of adults. They also develop advanced insight of the various challenges that impact occupational performance of adults as they age. Students gain specialised skills in professional communication, service implementation and service evaluation to apply in a range of practice settings for adults and older adults.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Synthesise information gathered from a comprehensive assessment of occupational performance of an adult in a work setting;
2. Apply established theories to develop programs to promote occupational performance and participation of adults and or older adults; and
3. Justify to specialist and non-specialist audiences their rationale for implementing services for adults and or older adults in community or residential aged care settings by drawing upon theory and research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week. Blend of lecture and tutorial work.
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND 9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG.
10414 Occupational Therapy in Mental Health PG
8351 Occupational Therapy and Older Adults PG.