Evidence Based Health Care (9058.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180313) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180003) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164272) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163983) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151727) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153983) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140393) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146798) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Healthcare systems are demanding that health professionals practice from a research base and this unit supports the student to develop an evidence-based healthcare approach to their practice. This unit explores how research and theory contribute to knowledge development in a professional discipline, and explores the relevance of linking research, theory, and practice in nursing. Sources of evidence for nursing practice, barriers and strategies to adopting an evidence-based approach will be explored and strategies identified to move research findings into clinical decision-making.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the rigour of research reports using a systematic process of critique;
2. Explain how research can be used as a basis for advocacy and clinical decisions and to inform decision-making;
3. Understand a range of paradigms, frameworks and research designs applied in nursing and health; and
4. Identify current trends in research for clinical practice including guidelines and research dissemination strategies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018