Public Relations Strategy: Issues and Crisis Management (9038.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176370) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165236) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154416) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146085) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the processes involved in developing and implementing a strategic public relations plan that will help an organisation to achieve its goals and includes the role of senior public relations counsellors in advising management on communication strategy. A strategic planning project and case history-based exercises provide students with practical, hands-on experience of working as a member of a project team to analyse the communication needs of an organisation and develop and implement communication strategies and tactics to address them.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse the communication needs of an organisation, including identifying issues;
2. Write a public relations strategy;
3. Manage crisis communication;
4. Manage the implementation of a public relations plan; and
5. Plan an effective evaluation process for the strategy.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws