Public Relations Project (9037.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178501) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164942) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163172) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140046) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is the capstone subject in the Bachelor of Communications in Public Relations. It requires students to draw on the knowledge and skills they have developed throughout their course to develop innovative, strategic and practical responses to a variety of real-life projects with real clients from across the public, private and not for profit sectors. Students work collaboratively in teams with their clients to determine needs and expectations, and deliver well researched, creative and thoughtful responses that can feasibly be delivered by their client within the budgets and timeframes specified.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. demonstrate strong client and relationship management skills, together with an understanding of how academic theories intersect with the needs, challenges, and operational parameters of real organisations operating in complex environments;
2. identify and critically analyse real situations and develop innovative yet realistic responses that can be practically adopted by their client organisations;
3. demonstrate refined skills in listening to the client's needs and developing considered, high quality responses through excellent oral and written work;
4. demonstrate a higher order understanding of the socially responsible, ethical approach to public relations in a real-life context.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Equivalent of 3 hours per week
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws