Media and Public Affairs Project (9031.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178442) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164844) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161813) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139582) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is the capstone unit in the Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs. Staff will facilitate students' participation in a semester-long project, in conjunction with relevant professional organisations, to address a contemporary political communication issue. Students will be required to call upon the skills they have developed in research methods, problem analysis, and report writing to deliver well researched, creative, timely, strategic and thoughtful responses to a real-life public issue or problem.
On the completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. identify and critically analyse public and political issues and problems and develop innovative yet realistic responses;
2. demonstrate highly developed research, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
3. engage in complex ethical questions, strategic thinking, and problem solving;
4. demonstrate high level written, oral and visual professional communication skills using a range of digital platforms;
5. present complex information in a clearly-written report format.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Equivalent of 3 hours per week.
This is the capstone unit of the degree and is normally available only to students in Year 3 who have completed all second year subjects in their area of specialisation.
- 223JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 230JA Bachelor of Australian Politics & Public Policy/Bachelor of Communication in Media & Public Affairs
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 213JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 237JA Bachelor of Politics & International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs