Public Relations Planning and Practice (9029.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164941) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163171) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139756) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Professional practice skills and theoretical principles studied in previous units are applied in an examination of the specialist contexts in which public relations is practised. Topics include public affairs, lobbying and public sector; interest, industry association, community group and not-for-profit communication; events and campaign management. Students will learn about planning, budgeting and project management and will put their skills into practice through a range of real-life projects.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the professional contexts in which public relations is practised;
2. Demonstrate knowledge of public relations specialities;
3. Analyse the communication needs and practices of different organisations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors;
4. Competently apply public relations methods, tools and techniques;
5. Write for various public relations tasks; and
6. Manage, and budget for, public relations activities and events at beginning practitioner level.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week
7130 Public Relations Writing OR 9497 Public Relations Writing
This unit is not open to students who have passed 7131 Public Relations Practice
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws