Corporate Communication (9021.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit offers students the opportunity to discuss and critically analyse the nature, value and approaches of effective corporate communication locally and globally and its role in enhancing corporate image, identity and reputation. The unit explores the theories and issues surrounding the role of public relations in corporate strategy and relations, international corporate relations, organisational communication, stakeholder engagement and community relations, corporate social responsibility and reputation management.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the principles of corporate communication and its global role in the theoretical and practical landscape of public relations, and be able to express this understanding clearly through oral and written communication;
2. identify, analyse and articulate the critical role of corporate communication within cultural, political and social contexts;
3. demonstrate a capacity to work independently and with others, to understand and respect diverse opinions and to incorporate this understanding into oral and written work.
3 hours per week
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws