Audio Journalism (9019.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176367) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165327) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154705) - View
- UC Term 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (149545) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145520) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to audio storytelling for live radio, multimedia productions and podcasting.
It will give them a practical foundation in news and current affairs reporting for radio, and an understanding of the role of audio in converged newsrooms in the digital age.
Special emphasis will be placed on research, writing, interview technique and production.
Students will also examine contemporary challenges facing audio journalists, such as audience engagement via social media.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. demonstrate the basic research, interviewing, writing and production skills required of radio news journalists, current affairs reporters, including recording, editing and voice work;
2. demonstrate basic skills required of radio programs/features, journalists/ broadcasters, and audio production for the web;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the structures, policies and practices of the digital broadcast industry and the role of audio in a converged media landscape, including emerging roles in community engagement via social media.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
3 hours per week
Must have passed Reporting, 5572 OR Mobile Reporting, 9923.
First-year journalism units
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 6971 Broadcast Journalism 1
6971 Broadcast Journalism 1
- 429AB Bachelor of Arts
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 991AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Journalism
- 222JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 369JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Journalism
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 229JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 212JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 982AA Bachelor of Journalism
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 101JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Journalism
- 236JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- 242JA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 689AA Bachelor of Sports Media
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws