Agency-Client Relationships (9018.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176366) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170825) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154423) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146091) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on the underlying principles of how creative agency services, represented by the various marketing communication roles, are being systematically orchestrated on behalf of the client and/or other stakeholders. It will also examine how these specialist functions play a critical role in delivering campaigns that have impact. Central to this is the art of relationship building and its use to gain competitive advantage by repositioning the role of service provider to one of indispensable partner. Here the inherent duality of the role, played by account servicing, is fully explored and this is best illustrated by the axiom, "A good account person is the client's representative at the agency and the agency's representative at the client".
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the primary functions of a creative agency and related specialist functions, and how these are managed from back office facilities through to front-of-house services;
2. be familiar with the roles, responsibilities and accountability required to manage marketing communications;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the value of effective client-service relationships and the strategic importance of managing this proactively.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
Three hours per week.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8137 Client Relationship Management
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 211JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 320JA Bachelor of Journalism
- 235JA Bachelor of Marketing Management/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising