Physiotherapy Honours Thesis 2 (8993.1)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Angie FEARON (Ph: +61 2 62068717 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (204208) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196356) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188358) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180138) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164291) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155165) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit the honours research project commenced in Physiotherapy Honours Thesis 1 is continued. Research skills in critical analysis of evidence, methodology and research design are developed.
This research work is developed into the honours thesis over the three honours units.
Skills in interpretation of results and understanding of the implications of these results are developed.
This research work is presented as the honours thesis.
On completion of this unit student, will be able to:
1. critically analyse evidence;
2. demonstrate skills in research design and sound methodology;
3. place the results of the research in the context of the literature;
4. demonstrate understanding of the implications and limitations of the research;
5. communicate in scientific style in written and oral presentation of work;
6. communicate the research in lay terms for a broader understanding.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Meetings with honours supervisor as required, in addition to approximately 10 hours per week of independent study.
8992 Physiotherapy Honours Thesis 1
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy 202JA
Statistics or data analysis.