Health Professional Practice 2 (8989.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MS Cate HILLY (Ph: +61 2 62068675 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197121) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191769) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180891) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164605) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155993) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves the study of health issues and practices in health care service delivery as they affect the health professional. The ethical and legal issues that govern the health professional are discussed and explored. Issues pertaining to quality and safety for the health care professional will be discussed.
On completion of this unit students will:
1. Understand the ethical and legal issues, and be able to demonstrate application of this knowledge in professional practice;
2. Appreciate the multidisciplinary nature of health care and demonstrate an ability to liaise with other health professionals to provide long-term management strategies for the patient;
3. Apply the requirements of quality and safety in health care; and
4. Understand basic principles of resource management in the professional context.
Up to 3 hours per week lecture/tutorial or equivalent.
10309 Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 2 AND 10310 Occupation in Context