Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 (8986.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198780) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191766) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180887) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164597) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155909) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the human spine following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common spinal disorders. Students will continue to develop the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6453 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake subjective and objective patient assessments;
2. Evaluate assessment information to formulate and implement appropriate treatment programs;
3. Apply knowledge and skills in the effective selection, application, and safe implementation of a range of interventions; and
4. Determine the success of interventions implemented in patient care.
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; four hours per week tutorial/practical work.
11538 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy AND 11540 Essential Physiotherapy Skills AND 8977 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy.