Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 (8986.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191766) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180887) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164597) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155909) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the human spine following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common spinal disorders. Students will continue to develop the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6453 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Be able to undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement an appropriate treatment program; 2. Have a systematic approach to interpreting medical images, and reading and interpreting reports. Knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and use of a range of interventions will be further developed; and 3. Be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017
Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Research Report - Cervical OR Lumbar Spine Either lumbar spine (week 4) or cervical spine (week 10) Students have an opportunity to choose which assignment they will complete (within 24-hours after the first lecture) (20% )
- Practical Viva (50% (each viva is worth 25%) )
- Written Examination (30% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to six hours per week tutorial/practical work.
All of the following units
9304 Introduction to Physiotherapy,
8975 Orthopaedics Physiotherapy,
8977 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1,
8978 Neuromuscular Interventions.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy 202JA