Neurological Interventions 2 (8983.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198777) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189707) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180883) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164584) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155922) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147040) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers the rehabilitation for specific neurological conditions. The pathology, and impairments, recovery and prognosis with common neurological conditions will be studied. Skills in assessment, analysis, interpretation, treatment and exercise selection and implementation will be developed further. Written and verbal communication skills will be fostered. Roles of other health professionals in client management will be explored.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6456 Neurological Interventions 2 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply and evaluate effective and safe assessment and measurement outcomes for the physiotherapy management of people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
2. Interpret and analyse assessment and measurement findings to ensure effective and safe physiotherapy intervention planning for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
3. Apply and evaluate effective and safe physiotherapy intervention for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
4. Appraise and apply knowledge and evidence related to the physiotherapy management of people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions; and
5. Select and apply appropriate communication and professional behaviours in the context of physiotherapy for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions.
An average of 4.5 hours week of lecture and tutorial work.
8982 Neurological Interventions 1 AND
8976 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 AND
8977 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy.