Neurological Interventions 2 (8983.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 UC Trimester 2 MRS Maja LEECH (Ph: +61 2 62068302 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MRS Maja LEECH (Ph: +61 2 62068302 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189707) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180883) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164584) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155922) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147040) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers the rehabilitation for specific neurological conditions. The pathology, and impairments, recovery and prognosis with common neurological conditions will be studied. Skills in assessment, analysis, interpretation, treatment and exercise selection and implementation will be developed further. Written and verbal communication skills will be fostered. Roles of other health professionals in client management will be explored.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6456 Neurological Interventions 2 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the pathology of neurological disorders and how this influences recovery and prognosis of motor and sensory impairments;
2. Plan and implement selective assessment tasks for a client with a neurological condition, develop and implement a client orientated treatment plan with appropriate goals and demonstrate planned progressions to discharge;
3. Use appropriate resources to select best practice and evidence based treatments, select appropriate outcome measures to monitor interventions; and
4. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team and understand the relevance of medical findings and pharmacological influences. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC Trimester 2, 2019
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Up to two hours lectures/ seminars, and four hours per week practical work.
8982 Neurological Interventions 1 and
8976 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 and
8977 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy 202JA