Musculoskeletal Interventions 3 (8981.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 2 MR Chris BACCHUS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 2 MR Chris BACCHUS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191763) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180881) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164583) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155921) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147076) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students learn to integrate their knowledge of the peripheral and spinal systems for the assessment, differential diagnosis and intervention for more complex musculoskeletal conditions. Students will be introduced to the principles of joint manipulation, and learn basic skills in this area. Students will further develop their clinical reasoning and practical skills, following a patient-centred approach.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6457 Musculoskeletal Interventions 3 PG.
- At the completion of this unit students will be able to integrate a variety of clinical approaches to appropriately assess and manage patients with complex musculoskeletal conditions. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 2, 2019
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to six hours per week tutorial/practical work.
8986 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 and 8976 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 and 8980 Electrophysical Agents and 8982 Neurological Interventions 1.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy 202JA