Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 (8979.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MRS Maja LEECH (Ph: +61 2 62068302 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200521) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198766) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191761) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180876) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164594) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155906) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147082) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Using a problem solving approach, this unit further develops the students knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of patients with acute cardiac and respiratory dysfunction. Specific issues relating to clinical and professional practice in the intensive care and acute care environment are examined. The principles of exercise testing, prescription and training will be applied to patients who have cardiac and pulmonary limitations to exercise, as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6455 Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate effective skills in: assessment, interpretation, planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions, required for the practice of physiotherapy in the acute care environment; and
2. Prepare appropriate exercise interventions using the principles of exercise testing, prescription and training as applied to patients who have: cardiac and respiratory limitations to exercise, as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
Up to 6 hours per week of lecture and tutorial work.
11540 Essential Physiotherapy Skills AND 8976 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 AND 8977 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Physiotherapy and 8982 Neurological Interventions 1