Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 (8977.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Phillip NEWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012831 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Phillip NEWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012831 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196351) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188353) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180133) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164289) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150981) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139132) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the peripheral joints of the human musculoskeletal system following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common musculoskeletal disorders. Students will learn the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG.
- After completing this unit, students will be able to undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement a simple treatment program. Basic knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and use of a range of interventions will be developed. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to six hours per week tutorial/practical work.
11540 Essential Physiotherapy Skills AND 6529 Systemic Anatomy and Physiology AND 8279 Advanced Functional Anatomy AND 9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy AND 11538 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy