Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 (8977.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Phillip NEWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012831 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Phillip NEWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012831 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188353) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180133) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164289) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150981) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139132) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the peripheral joints of the human musculoskeletal system following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common musculoskeletal disorders. Students will learn the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG.
- After completing this unit, students will be able to undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement a simple treatment program. Basic knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and use of a range of interventions will be developed. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to six hours per week tutorial/practical work.
9304 Introduction to Physiotherapy,
8978 Neuromuscular Interventions,
6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology,
6529 Systemic Anatomy and Physiology and
8279 Advanced Functional Anatomy.
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy And 8975 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy.