Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 (8977.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Phillip NEWMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012831 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196351) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188353) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180133) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164289) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150981) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139132) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the peripheral joints of the human musculoskeletal system following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common musculoskeletal disorders. Students will learn the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
This unit is co-taught with unit 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement a simple treatment program;
2. Develop basic knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and delivery of a basic range of treatment interventions; and
3. Apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to six hours per week tutorial/practical work.
6529 Systemic Anatomy and Physiology AND
8279 Advanced Functional Anatomy AND
9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy AND 11540 Essential Physiotherapy Skills AND 11538 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy