User Centred Design (8973.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190813) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176398) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165232) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (156481) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154615) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145497) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with the fundamental area of user-centred approach to design and design thinking. The unit introduces the history and scope of human factors in design and how this governs human interaction with our environment. The theory is applied to the design of products and services.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. understand the principles and practice of User Centred Design in the context of industrial design;
2. apply these to the design of products and services;
3. be able to work independently and as part of a team.
3 hours per week