Materials and Processes 1 (8966.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178481) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164913) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161733) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140573) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces the range of materials and manufacturing processes relevant to industrial designers. It explores the properties, use and selection of appropriate materials in the design and manufacture of products, using guidelines that include sustainability and environmental responsibility.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. identify and describe primary processes and materials relevant to industrial design;
2. communicate relevant manufacturing design proposals;
3. understand and apply these to manufacturing design problems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week