Landscape Theory (8965.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176395) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165324) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156053) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139264) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit investigates elements of landscape design theory across a range of landscape scales and projects. It incorporates the rich history of landscape design and draws the salient lessons and ideas from the past and makes these relevant to our design practices in the present. It also incorporates the concepts, such as our relationship to nature, that differentiate landscape architecture from other design professions, and explores how these ideas impact on our understanding of good design practice.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate a sound understanding of theories and philosophies that have underpinned design movements;
2. demonstrate strong written, oral, and visual communication skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
3 hours per week
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 357JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 207JA Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- 215JA Bachelor of Heritage, Museums and Conservation