Interior Architecture Technology (8960.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194064) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190926) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176393) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165478) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165231) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145261) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit enhances the student's understanding of design and construction of temporary, transportable and other non-permanent interior structures and spaces. It presents the way materials, interior elements, construction systems, service and technology systems relate to designing non-permanent structures. Students will learn how to appropriately design and detail temporary and transportable environments; structural elements; furniture, fittings and equipment.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. identify appropriate materials for the construction of temporary and transportable structures;
2. detail components used in small-scale, non-permanent construction;
3. resolve design proposals through appropriate project detailing.
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 119HG Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 289JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies