Graduation Studio (Industrial Design) (8958.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180862) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164909) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161729) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit places emphasis on the relationship between the industrial designer and the research and design for professional practice. Students engage in high level design projects in collaboration with external stakeholders as a means of developing design solutions that respond to users, business, manufacture and issues of sustainability and their effects on society. Professional ethics and responsibility are also integral to this unit and projects.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an understanding of the issues involved when developing and responding to a working design brief;
2. design, detail and document an appropriate design solution in context;
3. present design using mixed graphic media, 3D models, written reports and oral communication skills;
4. demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics and responsibility.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- DRONE'S a disruptive technology This Studio Project will be run in collaboration with Design+Industry (D+I) (a Sydney & Melbourne based Industrial Design consultancy company). The project brief will be handed out in the first studio class on Monday 6th August 9:30-12:30. (25% - Discovery & Concepts, 25% - Design Development, 15% - Prototype Testing & Design Review, 35% - Production Presentation )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
6 hours per week.
Must pass 3D Digital Design 3, 9981 AND 1 of the following units: Studio 5, 8971, OR Design Studio 3.1 (Industrial Design), 8316, OR Design Studio 5, 9978.