Graduation Studio (Interior) (8957.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 Mr Tom JAMES (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (195457) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190923) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178477) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165476) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164903) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161728) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140265) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit explores the notion of service spaces. It introduces students to the design of service spaces. Service spaces include museums and galleries, department stores and shopping centres, film television and theatre stages, and the internet. The complex nature of these environments is investigated through a series of design projects where strategy, concept design, service provider/user relationships, market trends, and changing technology impact on the service experience. Students explore the spatial and cultural dimensions of designing for the future needs and changing patterns of service space, and then focus on a particular type of these service spaces to test their learning.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Use a range of conceptual design methodologies and skills related to the design of service spaces;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of strategy, concept design, service provider/user relationships, market trends, and changing technology on service spaces;
3. Demonstrate concepts of spatial thinking and the skills used to represent these concepts; and
4. Engage in, and articulate, the conceptual design process in the context of constructing space as places of experience.
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
6 hours per week.
Must pass 9978 Design Studio 5