Humans as Occupational Beings 1 PG (8937.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Craig GREBER (Ph: +61 2 62068585 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188630) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176169) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164155) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154438) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (136688) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit combines lectures, case based tutorials and work integrated learning. This unit is a co-requisite with 9069 giving students an advanced understanding of humans as occupational beings across the life span. Students develop an integrated understanding of play, the primary occupation of children. They also develop insights into the various challenges that impact occupational performance of children and adolescents. Students gain specialised skills in professional communication, service implementation and service evaluation to apply in a range of practice settings for children and adolescents.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Synthesise information gathered from a comprehensive assessment of occupational performance of a child and or adolescent;
2. Apply established theories to develop programs to promote occupational performance and participation of children and or adolescents; and
3. Justify to specialist and non-specialist audiences their rationale for implementing occupation-focused services for children and or adolescents in various practice settings by drawing upon on theory and research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week. Blend of lecture and tutorial work.
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND 9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1.
9069 Humans as Occupational Beings 2 and 9072 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 2.
8720 Occupational Therapy and Children and Adolescents PG.