Advanced Humanities Research H (8934.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Bethaney TURNER (Ph: +61 2 62015732 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Bethaney TURNER (Ph: +61 2 62015732 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194213) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191067) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176385) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165319) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154268) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148315) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is intended to complement students Honours dissertation research. It is intended for students who are undertaking a research project in a humanities discipline. Students will undertake the analysis and critique of key works in the humanities, and engage in critical reflection on the process of undertaking research in this field. The overarching aim of this unit is to assist/provoke students to become more informed and reflective researchers.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate critical understanding of the fundamental philosophical, methodological and ethical issues involved in undertaking humanities research at the Honours level;
2. Demonstrate improved skills and confidence in the close reading and analysis of complex theoretical texts in the humanities;
3. Reflect critically on their own research practice, and place it within its broader theoretical context; and
4. Demonstrate skills in, and understanding of, the process of undertaking research in the humanities.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019