Sport Coaching Pedagogy (8914.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
This unit prepares students to gather and communicate evidence-based sport coaching and teaching resources and then to evaluate their own coaching and teaching performance. The unit contains theory and practice activities that focus on the design and implementation of sport and physical activity programs. Students will demonstrate effective group facilitation and presentation skills appropriate to various audiences. Presentation and assessment skills developed in this unit will be consistent with the Australian Sports Commission's Course Presenter, Mentor and Assessor programs.
On completion of this unit student will be able to:
1. plan and deliver sport and physical activity initiatives in the community.
2. review, evaluate and communicate evidence-based resources relevant to sport coaching pedagogy and teaching.
3. assess their sport coaching and teaching performance through a reflective framework.
4. use an e-portfolio to share their work with others.
Two hours of lectures and one two hour practical class per week.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 6840 Advanced Coaching Studies
6840 Advanced Coaching Studies
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology