Motor Control and Skill Acquisition (8913.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Wayne SPRATFORD (Ph: +61 2 62068336 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (200556) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (193110) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (189132) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (179886) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163970) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153964) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145526) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will describe how human movement and motor programs are initiated, controlled, learned, taught and performed. The different methods used to enhance skill acquisition through the transfer of learning, knowledge of results and practice effects, including distributed and mass practice as well as whole and part learning concepts will be examined. Students will be required to use information processing models to demonstrate an understanding of perception, selective attention and decision-making capabilities.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. assess motor skills using multidimensional models;
2. describe the role of sensory input and perception in movement coordination, skill acquisition and motor program retention;
3. design an appropriate motor learning framework based on established methodologies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Two 1 hour lectures per week and one 2 hour practical on alternate weeks.
9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 6833 Motor Control
6833 Motor Control
- 365AE Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Biology
- 264JA Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management