Sport Coaching Principles (8912.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
Students will demonstrate their ability to teach fundamental movement skills through modified games and other physical activities using established coaching principles and teaching methods. Students explore sport and its existence in society and demonstrate the ability to implement physical activity and sporting programs that enable high quality and inclusive education and training programs. Students will complete industry certificates regarding coaching ethics and general principles and are encouraged to complete sport specific industry based qualifications in their chosen sport(s).
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the training requirements for different sporting populations;
2. Apply a basic coaching plan and teach a sport skill effectively; and
3. Identify and implement risk management strategies for the well-being of athletes, spectators and officials.
Two hours of lectures and 1 two hour practical class per week.
Enrolment in a Coaching Science course
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8388 Introduction to Coaching Science
8388 Introduction to Coaching Science
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management