Exercise Programming and Prescription (8911.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of strength and conditioning. Students will demonstrated their ability to design and implement appropriate exercise programs consistent with athlete development models and established evidence-based practice. Students will be able to teach correct technique during fundamental strength and conditioning exercises with consideration of the individual participant and any contraindications. Students will be required to Students are eligible to apply for Strength and Conditioning accreditation through the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association on successful completion of this unit.
On completion of this unit students will able to:
1. implement appropriate exercise programs to maximise individual performance adaptations;
2. teach various exercises and movement skills safely and using appropriate coaching frameworks;
3. design annual and lesson plans appropriate to a broad range of participants.
Two hours of lectures and one two hour practical class per week.
6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology
OR permission of unit convener
Enrolment in a Coaching Science course
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning
8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management