Literary Studies: Creative Reading (8904.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176550) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165316) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153974) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145401) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be introduced to a variety of texts, including examples of fiction, essays, poetry and criticism. Students will also be introduced to different methodologies in literary studies that enable discussion of the activities of literary reading and interpretation. The unit will emphasise that reading can be a creative process and also an activity that engages with social, cultural and intellectual movements and theories.
On successful completion of the unit students will be able to:
1. analyse key formal, historical and aesthetic qualities of the studied texts;
2. express orally and in writing a creative and critical understanding of these texts.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
Semester 1, 2017
- On-Campus Activities (Optional) and Online Content (FLEXIBLE)
2 hours 30 minutes per week
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing