Research in Creative Arts and Design H (8900.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194291) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194290) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191216) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176491) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176549) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (171280) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165314) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154768) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145564) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is intended to complement students' Honours dissertation research. It is intended for students undertaking a dissertation in design or the creative arts. The unit examines how work in these areas is conceptualised as research and knowledge production, and the different research methods used. Its overall aim is to help students become more reflective about the nature of their practice and the fundamental questions it raises.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the fundamental epistemological, methodological, and ethical issues involved in undertaking research in design or the creative arts at the Honours level;
2. Reflect critically upon their own research approach, and place it within its broader theoretical context; and
3. Demonstrate skills in, and understanding of, the process of undertaking research in design or the creative arts.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Students must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG.
7537 Creative Research: Theory and Practice PG