International Sale of Goods Law (8894.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (139480) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Topics covered include:
1. Introduction to the international sale of goods - diversity of regulations, sources of norms, unification of sales law through legislation and trade usages.
2. Scope and application of the CISG; the role of the UNIDROIT Principles.
3. Definition, formation, interpretation and modification of a contract for the international sale of goods.
4. Obligations of the seller - delivery of goods.
5. Conformity of goods.
6. Obligations of the buyer; examination of conformity and notice of non-conformity.
7. Financing international sales.
8. Passing of the risks; INCOTERMS.
9. Breach of contract - anticipatory, fundamental, partial.
10. Remedies - performance, avoidance, reduction of price, damages.
11. Mitigation of loss, preservation of goods, force majeure.
This unit will be co-taugh with 8895 International Sale of Goods Law PG
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate an advanced understanding of the nature and relevance of international sales law;
2. demonstrate a solid knowledge base of the main national and international legal provisions, transnational norms and trade usages regulating international sales transactions and have demonstrated the application of that knowledge in solving problems;
3. demonstrate significant understanding of the specific rights and obligations in international sales contracts and of the remedies available in case of breach of such contracts;
4. demonstrate significant understanding of the most commonly used agreements with regard to the transportation of goods and passing of the risks affiliated to such transportation of goods subjected to cross-border sale;
5. construct and interpret viable and appropriate contracts for the international sale of goods and to discover the defects of such imperfect contacts.
Intensive mode with three sessions of 4 hours per week of teaching.
Completion of 24 credit points AND
6602 Legal Systems AND
6594 Contract Law
Enrolment in a Law degree.
Basic understanding of legal systems and commercial contracts.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws