Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 4 (ECP) (8866.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165727) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153988) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145417) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years P-6. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of research into how students learn and the implications for teaching;
2. Demonstrate knowledge of teaching strategies that are responsive to the learning strengths and needs of students from diverse linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Backgrounds;
3. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of strategies for differentiating teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities;
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the rationale for and sources of continued professional learning; and
5. Apply strategies for engaging with parents/carers, professional teaching networks and broader communities.
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 2 unit and either any Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 3 unit or 6900 Professional Experience 4 ECP.
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 2 content units in a Key Learning Area of the Australian Curriculum.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 4 unit.