Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 3 (Mathematics) (8861.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166371) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152059) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140887) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years 7-12. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting with a particular focus on the use of curriculum, assessment and reporting knowledge.
This unit may be co-taught with Secondary Teaching Studies G3 in the nominated teaching area.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. An understanding of assessment strategies, including informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative approaches to assess student learning;
2. An understanding of the purpose of providing timely and appropriate feedback to students about their learning;
3. An understanding of assessment moderation and its application;
4. The capacity to interpret student assessment data to evaluate student learning and modify teaching practice;
5. An understanding of a range of strategies for reporting to students and parents/carers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records; and
6. A broad knowledge of strategies that can be used to evaluate teaching programs to improve student learning.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 4 content units in the KLA being studied.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 3 unit.