Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 3 (ECP) (8857.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166343) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151869) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140660) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years P-6. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting with a particular focus on the use of curriculum, assessment and reporting knowledge.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to demonstrate:
1. An understanding of assessment strategies, including informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative approaches to assess student learning;
2. An understanding of the purpose of providing timely and appropriate feedback to students about their learning;
3. An understanding of assessment moderation and its application;
4. The capacity to interpret student assessment data to evaluate student learning and modify teaching practice;
5. An understanding of a range of strategies for reporting to students and parents/carers and the purpose of keeping accurate and reliable records; and
6. A broad knowledge of strategies that can be used to evaluate teaching programs to improve student learning.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Completion of 24 credit points and 8839 Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 1 ECP
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 2 content units in a Key Learning Area of the Australian Curriculum.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 3 unit.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 204JA Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 788AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 789AA Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 244JA Bachelor of Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- MJ0096 Major in Professional Experience (Primary Education) (Restricted)
- MJ0210 Major in Teacher Professional Practice (Restricted)
- MJ0211 Major in Teacher Professional Practice P-6 (Restricted)
- MN0086 Minor in Professional Experience (Early Childhood/Primary GE) (Restricted)
- MN0085 Minor in Professional Experience (Early Childhood/Primary) (Restricted)
- MN0174 Minor in Secondary Teaching Professional Practice (Restricted)