Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 2 (Mathematics) (8852.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165825) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154339) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145597) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years 7-12. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting with a particular focus on creating and maintaining a supportive and safe learning environment and implementing effective teaching and learning practices.
This unit may be co-taught with Secondary Teaching Studies G2 in the nominated teaching area.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the capacity to organise classroom activities and provide clear directions;
2. Demonstrate knowledge of practical approaches to manage challenging behaviour;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant issues and strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT in learning;
4. Apply a range of teaching strategies;
5. Apply a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies to support student engagement; and
6. Demonstrate the capacity to implement teaching strategies for using ICT to expand curriculum learning opportunities for students.
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Completion of 24 credit points and 8843 Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 1 (Mathematics)
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 2 content units in the KLA related to the STS 2 discipline being studied.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 2 unit.