Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 2 (ECP) (8848.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165861) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154431) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145820) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years P-6. The focus of the minimum 20 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting with a particular focus on creating and maintaining a supportive and safe learning environment and implementing effective teaching and learning practices.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the capacity to organise classroom activities and provide clear directions;
2. Demonstrate knowledge of practical approaches to manage challenging behaviour;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant issues and strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT in learning;
4. Apply a range of teaching strategies;
5. Apply a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies to support student engagement; and
6. Demonstrate the capacity to implement teaching strategies for using ICT to expand curriculum learning opportunities for students.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Completion of 24 credit points and 8839 Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 1 ECP
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 2 content units in a Key Learning Area of the Australian Curriculum.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 2 unit.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 204JA Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 788AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 789AA Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 244JA Bachelor of Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- MJ0096 Major in Professional Experience (Primary Education) (Restricted)
- MJ0210 Major in Teacher Professional Practice (Restricted)
- MJ0211 Major in Teacher Professional Practice P-6 (Restricted)
- MN0086 Minor in Professional Experience (Early Childhood/Primary GE) (Restricted)
- MN0085 Minor in Professional Experience (Early Childhood/Primary) (Restricted)
- MN0174 Minor in Secondary Teaching Professional Practice (Restricted)