Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 1 (Creative and Performing Arts) (8838.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153905) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146054) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
This unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years 7-12. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to grow as a responsible teacher with an emphasis on planning and student interaction.
The unit will investigate key principles for ethics and conduct in teaching, relevant legislative, administrative and organisational frameworks, and approaches to working with mentors and supervisors.
This unit may be co-taught with Secondary Teaching Studies G1 in the nominated teaching area.
1. demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts, substance and structure of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area;
2. organise content into an effective learning and teaching sequence;
3. plan lesson sequences using knowledge of student learning, content and effective teaching strategies;
4. demonstrate knowledge of a range of resources, including ICT, that engage students in their learning.
Up to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
Completion of 12 credit points.
Enrollment in a Teaching course.
Minimum of 2 content units in the KLA related to the STS 1 discipline being studied.
This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 1 unit.