Promoting Positive Learning Environments SEC (8825.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146052) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
Students will examine a range of traditional theories and techniques for promoting positive learning environments in their classroom, and investigate new trends, issues and techniques, including: crossage tutoring; patterning positive classroom interactions; playground peer mediators (conflict resolution); working with parents; and managing attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and school refusal.
1. formulate a personal approach to promoting positive learning environments in their classroom, that is, a sound theoretical foundation, and techniques that fit this theory;
2. formulate a personal approach to case management of classroom behaviour problems.
Up to 5 hours per week.
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
This unit is not open to students who have passed 6732 Promoting Positive Learning Environments