Learning with Technology SEC (8824.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154688) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146995) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145821) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
The unit examines the role of communication and information technology in contemporary society and in particular in the ways it can be used to improve teaching and learning and educational settings. An emphasis will be placed on new areas in electronic communication like electronic mail and the World Wide Web.
1. explain the role of communication and information technology in contemporary society;
2. describe ways in which communication and modes of literacy are changing in the electronic age;
3. describe the issues arising from changing modes of communication and literacy;
4. explain the role of communication and information technology in education;
5. use information literacy skills;
6. use appropriate skills information technology in their own learning in the course;
7. evaluate educational software.
Three hours per week.
Students must have completed 12 credit points before enrolment into this unit.
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
This unit is not open to students who have passed 7840 Learning with Technology.