Education Foundations SEC (8822.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145328) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
This subject is the introductory core subject to Teacher Education. It will introduce students to perspectives and purposes of education. This will include a consideration of these perspectives and purposes in relation to the cultural, social, physical and cognitive development of children and adolescents. In particular, an emphasis will be placed on a critical analysis of how the perspectives on education and human development influence learning and teaching in contemporary Australia.
1. explain the relation between human development and the development of educational theory;
2. identify the assumptions which underlie the various perspectives of education and their associated theories of learning;
3. critically analyse the issues involved in teaching as a profession.
Up to four hours or equivalent class contact a week.
Enrolment in a Teaching course.
This unit is not open to students who have passed 4882 Education Foundations.