Acquisition of Vocational Skills 2 (part A) (8795.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sandra HEANEY-MUSTAFA (Ph: +61 2 62015387 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Sandra HEANEY-MUSTAFA (Ph: +61 2 62015387 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193601) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186850) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182512) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165981) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154924) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146178) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is part of a year-long unit taken as part A and part B for students preparing to teacher in Design and Technology or Outdoor Education. Students undertake practical activities that are related to the acquisition of skills in a specific discipline specialisation such as: engineering and construction, hospitality, textiles, outdoor education or other specialisation as approved by the course convener.
Students participate in a program of theory and practice, learn to apply knowledge in the technology specialisation, to teach and develop the fundamental skills of Engineering Production (Metals), Clothing Production (Textiles), and Commercial Cookery, Outdoor Recreation or other specialisation as approved by the course convener in a workshop environment. This is completed with a Registered Training Organisation with the appropriate scope e.g. school or TAFE (CIT in Canberra).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skill development;
2. Apply knowledge of the rules and strategies for the selected discipline skills; and
3. Identify techniques and skills for teaching the acquired Vocational skills in their specialised teaching area - such as Engineering Production (Metals), Clothing Production (Textiles), Commercial Cookery, Outdoor Recreation/Outdoor Education or other specialisations as approved by the course convener.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Approximately six - eight hours per week.