Acquisition of Vocational Skills 1 (part A) (8793.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Kathy MANN (Ph: +61 2 62012467 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193599) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186849) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182505) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165829) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154366) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145743) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is part of a year-long unit taken as part A and part B for students preparing to teacher Design and Technology or Outdoor Education. Students undertake practical activities that are related to the acquisition of skills in a specific discipline specialisation such as: engineering and construction, hospitality, textiles, outdoor education or other specialisation as approved by the course convener.
Students participate in a program of theory and practice, learn to apply knowledge in the technology specialisation, and learn how to teach and develop the fundamental skills of Furnishings, Clothing Production (Textiles), and Hospitality, Outdoor Recreation or other specialisation as approved by the course convener in a workshop environment. This is completed with a Registered Training Organisation with the appropriate scope eg school or TAFE (CIT in Canberra).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skill development;
2. Apply knowledge of the rules and strategies for the selected discipline skills; and
3. Identify techniques and skills for teaching the acquired Vocational skills in their specialised teaching area such as Furnishings, Furniture Making, Clothing Production (Textiles), Commercial Cookery, Hospitality, Outdoor Recreation/Outdoor Education or other specialisation as approved by the course convener.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Approximately six - eight hours per week.