Building and Construction Studies 4 (8790.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (159546) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139188) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The following subject areas will be taught as part of this subject:
Project planning, procurement and contracting for complex projects.
Management of statutory, stakeholder and community engagement processes.
Detailed analysis of project construction, commissioning and handover.
Integration of innovation, sustainability and advanced building technologies.
Application of advanced risk, cost, time and resource management.
1. engage effectively with Industry and Government through project research;
2. apply strategic and critical thinking as well as project management skills;
3. enhance personal and professional skills through research, presentation and group work;
4. develop understanding of complexities integrating economic, environmental and community values through Building and Construction Management.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2016
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assignment 1: Individual - Preparation of a Construction Program for the Case Study (25% )
- Assignment 2: Individual - Preparation of a Priced Bill of Quantities for the Case Study (25% )
- Assignment 3 a: Individual Tender Response to Case Study Assignment 3 b: Group presentation (Individual report 40% plus Group Presentation 10% (total 50%) )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2016
10 hours per week
7824 Building and Construction Studies 3
7828 Construction Project Management