Quantitative Skills for Sustainability (8784.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
This unit will examine, in modules, scientific philosophy and ethics, chemistry skills, environmental skills and spatial skills using theme topics such as sustainability. It draws on a wide range of case studies, including sustainability and climate change, in quantitatively analysing the way science is used to explore the world around us and convert science into policy and programmes.
1. apply knowledge of the quantitative methods of science to understand and analyse how science works;
2. apply skills of critical thinking as applied in science;
3. apply skills of interpretation and analysis of data and demonstrate competency in demonstrating ideas in quantitative ways, including in written presentations of findings and team work.
4 hours per week.
- 120JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science