Development Research Project PG (8765.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Tahmina RASHID (Ph: +61 2 62012273 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 2 DR Tahmina RASHID (Ph: +61 2 62012273 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (194214) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (191072) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (191073) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178544) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176416) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165001) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165311) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (161381) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154598) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139845) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (146221) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Development Research Project is an individually negotiated project involving project-based research in a specialised area of international development. The project can be independent field research or in collaboration with development-related agency either in Australia or overseas. Such agency can be in the public sector or in the private sector, but should have a mandate to work on development issues. There is a tremendous diversity among development research projects, and the topics of the projects undertaken will need to be negotiated with the project supervisor and in consultation of the organisation (in case of a collaboration with an organisation).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake stimulating and challenging projects in international development;
2. Identify and consolidate their field of specialisation;
3. Demonstrate knowledge, skills and experience for effective professional practice;
4. Demonstrate capabilities to work independently as well as collaboratively in a professional capacity;
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the field of professional practice and the nature of work within organisations;
6. Demonstrate research skills (conceptual, professional and organisational) for professional practice;
7. Demonstrate skills to apply theories and knowledge into professional practice; and
8. Demonstrate critical research and communication skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
Must have passed 21 credit points AND unit 9429 Development Research Methods PG.